- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
People on the move 2/14/11
Business offers Carnegie training
Hendrickson Business Advisors is partnering with Dale Carnegie Training in St. Louis. Rhett Hendrickson, vice president of Hendrickson Business Advisors, has been working with master trainers in St. Louis to prepare for endorsement as a Dale Carnegie trainer. Some of the courses they will offer, including the original Dale Carnegie Course itself, are ISO 9001-certified to ensure that training methods are as precise and effective. Hendrickson Business Advisors will conduct The Dale Carnegie Course beginning March 30. Dale Carnegie Training was founded in 1912 and offers professional corporate training in the areas of leadership, management, communications, presentations and sales skills. Dale Carnegie courses are taught each year in all 50 states and 87 foreign countries.
Schaefer gets board certification
Dr. Brian C. Schafer has completed the advanced certification exam and met required standards to become board certified in sports medicine. This certification, awarded by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery recognizes that Dr. Schafer has received additional medical education, surgical training, and completed operative and nonoperative care of sports-related injuries and shown proficiency through a review of his sports medicine case history in addition to completing a written exam. Schafer is an orthopedic surgeon with Orthapedic Associates of Southeast Missouri P.C.
Pruitt joins veterans home staff
Mindi Pruitt recently joined the staff of the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau as assistant administrator. Pruitt received a bachelor of science degree from Southeast Missouri State University in 1997, during which time she completed an internship at the veterans home. Following graduation, she worked for Fountainbleau for 13 years, where she managed the daily operations of three large nursing homes. She replaces former assistant administrator Rich Denning, who recently retired.
Kridelbaugh joins accounting firm
Alan L. Kridelbaugh has joined the CPA firm of Begley, Young, Unterreiner & White LLC at 2103 Themis St. in Cape Girardeau. Kridelbaugh obtained his MBA from Southeast Missouri State University. In addition to being a certified public accountant he is a certified fraud examiner. Kridelbaugh is a graduate of the Leadership Cape program and is the chairman of the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce Government and Public Policy committee. He is a certified QuickBooks adviser and provides clients with assistance and training in QuickBooks. Begley, Young, Unterreiner & White LLC works with a variety of businesses, not-for-profit organizations, and individuals, providing accounting and payroll services, compilations, reviews and audits, estate and tax planning, and tax preparation.