- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Isadore I. Bohnert, 93, of Perryville, Mo., died Feb. 9, 2011 at Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born March 28, 1917, in Longton, Mo., to Ignatius A. and Anna Schnurbusch Bohnert. He was married to Juanita Martin on Dec. 4, 1938 at Notre Dame in St. Louis.
He was a member of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Perryville, Holy Name Society, American Legion and the VFW. He was also a 4-H Club leader. He retired from his poultry and cattle farm after 44 years. He received many farming and conservation awards over the years.
Isadore was a World War II Army veteran. He was a surgical technician and served at O'Reilly General Hospital and aboard the Marine Wolf Transport Ship between Honolulu and San Francisco in the treatment of patients in the amputation and paralytical wards. He also served at Beaumont General Hospital in El Paso, Texas, and Schofield Barracks in Hawaii.
Survivors include two sons, Larry (Ollie) Bohnert of St. Louis, Terry (Becky) Bohnert of Bellevue, Neb.; a daughter, Susan (Randal) Winkler of Cape Girardeau; six grandchildren, Christopher (Jennifer) Bohnert and Mark Bohnert of St. Louis, Matthew (Lisa) Bohnert and Timothy (Kristina) Bohnert of Bellevue, Thomas (Susan) Bohnert of Chiang Mia, Thailand, Daniel (Delissa Gorham) Bohnert of Bellevue; 15 great-grandchildren, Jonathan, Julia and Katheran Bohnert, Faythe and Maeghan Bohnert, Kristian, Alexaundra, Zakkary, Sophia and Baylee Bohnert, Elizabeth, Rachel and Micah Bohnert, William and Johnathan Bohnert; one brother, Harry (Lillian) Bohnert and his dear friend Alice Schnurbusch.
He was preceded in death by his wife, Juanita, of 65 years; three brothers, Edgar, Sylvester and Arthur; three sisters: Dora Sklebar, Rose Kehm and Connie Dreis. His very dear friend, Elvira Schwach, also preceded him in death.
Funeral Mass was Saturday at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church with the Rev. Milton Ryan, C.M. officiating.
Burial was in Mount Hope Cemetery with graveside military honors courtesy of the American Legion Post No. 133 and the Delta Team.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to St. Vincent de Paul Parish or St. Vincent de Paul School.
Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville, Mo., was in charge of arrangements.