- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Sikeston woman seriously injured after weather-related accident
A Sikeston, Mo., woman was seriously injured in a weather-related accident on Intestate 55 in Scott County Saturday morning at 7:58 a.m.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol, 28-year-old Mychelle M. Sloan lost control of her 2000 Ford on an ice covered bridge, ran off the road, struck a guardrail and overturned several times five miles north of Miner, Mo.
Sloan was taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. She was wearing a seat belt.