- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
- Revival of Oran police board urged amid timecard fraud, nepotism allegations (5/17/17)4
Jackson Art Group holds second Saturday
The Jackson Art Group will hold its Second Saturday event from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, February 12 at the Steck House Gallery, 210 E. Jackson Blvd., Jackson (next door to the First Presbyterian Church...the one with the red doors and warm hearts).
The featured artist is crochet gal Jeanie Rogers. From awesome scarves to afghans her unique designs and outstanding color combinations are what you're after!
Don't forget you can drop off or mail your entries for the group's logo contest to the Steck House Gallery until February 26. Contestants will be featured during the month of March (winner announced at the March Second Saturday event, March 12). Winner will receive a free full year membership to Jackson Art Group. Entries should be on 8 1/2 x 11 paper with contestant's name, address and phone number ON BACK. Must be 18 or over to enter.