- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Former football players provide leadership training at middle school (9/24/17)
- New businesses popping up all over Cape Girardeau (9/24/17)1
- Cape Girardeau native Jessica Johnston to compete as castaway on 'Survivor' season 35 (9/24/17)
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Scott City officials, others oppose plan for railroad-tie treatment plant (9/25/17)5
- Young entrepreneurs add fresh ideas, unique offerings for area market (9/18/17)
Jackson Art Group holds second Saturday
The Jackson Art Group will hold its Second Saturday event from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, February 12 at the Steck House Gallery, 210 E. Jackson Blvd., Jackson (next door to the First Presbyterian Church...the one with the red doors and warm hearts).
The featured artist is crochet gal Jeanie Rogers. From awesome scarves to afghans her unique designs and outstanding color combinations are what you're after!
Don't forget you can drop off or mail your entries for the group's logo contest to the Steck House Gallery until February 26. Contestants will be featured during the month of March (winner announced at the March Second Saturday event, March 12). Winner will receive a free full year membership to Jackson Art Group. Entries should be on 8 1/2 x 11 paper with contestant's name, address and phone number ON BACK. Must be 18 or over to enter.