- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Comedian, cancer survivor Tom Green headlines sold-out Cancer Center benefit (1/22/17)
Jackson Art Group holds second Saturday
The Jackson Art Group will hold its Second Saturday event from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday, February 12 at the Steck House Gallery, 210 E. Jackson Blvd., Jackson (next door to the First Presbyterian Church...the one with the red doors and warm hearts).
The featured artist is crochet gal Jeanie Rogers. From awesome scarves to afghans her unique designs and outstanding color combinations are what you're after!
Don't forget you can drop off or mail your entries for the group's logo contest to the Steck House Gallery until February 26. Contestants will be featured during the month of March (winner announced at the March Second Saturday event, March 12). Winner will receive a free full year membership to Jackson Art Group. Entries should be on 8 1/2 x 11 paper with contestant's name, address and phone number ON BACK. Must be 18 or over to enter.