- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)7
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Speak Out 2/4/11
No to uniforms
I don't think school uniforms would change anything. Kids should be allowed to wear what they want as long as it does not go against the dress code. It's their freedom of choice and expression to wear different clothes and express themselves. How could making a child wear a uniform help them learn any differently? I don't see the need for school uniforms.
School stop signs
JEFFERSON Elementary needs to put its stop signs up when it's time. The other evening I was driving down Minnesota Avenue at 9:30 p.m. and the stop signs were still out. Come on Jefferson, get with the program.
Uniforms won't help
IN response to the school uniforms, I don't think uniforms are going to help anything. Even if schools have uniforms, students are going to manipulate their uniforms. Children can still make their shirts low-cut, especially if they are button-up shirts. Girls can just unbutton their shirts down a few buttons and then they would have their low-cut shirts. You can also make uniform pants baggy. Uniforms are not going to help anything.