- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Michael Lynn "Mike" Seiler, 38, of Friedheim, passed away Sunday, Jan. 30, 2011, at the home of his parents in Friedheim, with his loving family by his side. He had fought a courageous battle with cancer the past two years.
He was born July 9, 1972, in Cape Girardeau, son of Lenny and Jeanne Berkbigler Seiler.
Mike was raised in Friedheim and graduated from Oak Ridge High School in 1990. He was employed by FedEx Freight in Scott City. He was a member of New Salem United Methodist Church in Daisy. He truly loved the outdoors and was an avid turkey and deer hunter.
Loving survivors include his parents; a son, Kody Seiler; a sister, Shelly (Robert) Schamburg; a brother, Matt Seiler (special friend Danielle Schutte and Makayla) all of Friedheim; paternal grandmother, Betty Ford of Cape Girardeau; two nieces, Marissa and Maci Schamburg; and a nephew, Tanner Schamburg, all of Friedheim.
He was preceded in death by a daughter, Jessyna Ann Seiler; a sister, Lisa Lynn Seiler; maternal grandparents, Lester and Artie Berkbigler; and paternal grandfather, Leonard Seiler.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Thursday at the chapel of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson, and from 10 a.m. until service time Friday at New Salem United Methodist Church.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Friday at the church, with the Rev. Douglas McClellan officiating. Interment will be in New Salem Cemetery.
Honorary pallbearers are Kenny Kester, Chris Berkbigler, and Tanner Schamburg.
Pallbearers are Luke McCallister, Mark Werner, Todd Cook, Joey Smith, Donald Ruch and Nathan Miller.
Memorials may be made to Michael Seiler Benefit Fund c/o McCombs Funeral Home.