- Plans in the works to save Esquire Theater on Broadway in Cape (2/21/18)2
- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Bell City arrest, Scott City incident highlight high-alert status following Fla. school shooting (2/20/18)4
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)16
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)12
- As February winds down, Chaffee looking forward to reopening of ice cream shop (2/21/18)1
- Scott City puts school on lockdown; officials say alleged threat 'not credible' (2/21/18)2
- The heart of the matter: Clinic helps patients rise above congestive heart failure (2/17/18)
- Local foodies share most romantic places (2/22/18)
- Missouri governor indicted on invasion of privacy charge (2/23/18)5
Cap and trade realities
I don't know what it is going to take to finally slay the dragon of global warming. Alan Journet says there is no serious scientific evidence rejecting that global warming is occurring. He and his ilk are in denial.
Under Obama's progressive plan of cap and trade, energy prices may necessarily skyrocket. Obama' s words, not mine. Not to mention the fact that data in England supporting global warming was proved to be false. E-mails were discovered that proved they were lying on data to promote their redistributive agenda.
If they want to pay $5 to $10 for a gallon of gas, they should move to England or France. You can see what their progressive agenda has caused. Chaos. Maybe that is the objective. I don't want to pay $8 for a pound of ground beef, $3.50 for a loaf of bread or $10 for a gallon of milk. That is what would happen under cap and trade.
The American people have awakened. Thank you, progressives, for all of the lies and bilge you have been shoveling us for years. You were thrown out of control of the House of Representatives, and in 2012 you will lose the Senate and White House.
Sixty percent of Americans consider themselves conservatives and only 20 percent as liberal. As Sam Adams said in 1775, "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather a tireless, irate minority who is keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."
Learn it, love it, live it.
TODD BEUSSINK, Jackson