- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)22
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)6
Cap and trade realities
I don't know what it is going to take to finally slay the dragon of global warming. Alan Journet says there is no serious scientific evidence rejecting that global warming is occurring. He and his ilk are in denial.
Under Obama's progressive plan of cap and trade, energy prices may necessarily skyrocket. Obama' s words, not mine. Not to mention the fact that data in England supporting global warming was proved to be false. E-mails were discovered that proved they were lying on data to promote their redistributive agenda.
If they want to pay $5 to $10 for a gallon of gas, they should move to England or France. You can see what their progressive agenda has caused. Chaos. Maybe that is the objective. I don't want to pay $8 for a pound of ground beef, $3.50 for a loaf of bread or $10 for a gallon of milk. That is what would happen under cap and trade.
The American people have awakened. Thank you, progressives, for all of the lies and bilge you have been shoveling us for years. You were thrown out of control of the House of Representatives, and in 2012 you will lose the Senate and White House.
Sixty percent of Americans consider themselves conservatives and only 20 percent as liberal. As Sam Adams said in 1775, "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather a tireless, irate minority who is keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."
Learn it, love it, live it.
TODD BEUSSINK, Jackson