- Updated: Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/21/16)4
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
Cap and trade realities
I don't know what it is going to take to finally slay the dragon of global warming. Alan Journet says there is no serious scientific evidence rejecting that global warming is occurring. He and his ilk are in denial.
Under Obama's progressive plan of cap and trade, energy prices may necessarily skyrocket. Obama' s words, not mine. Not to mention the fact that data in England supporting global warming was proved to be false. E-mails were discovered that proved they were lying on data to promote their redistributive agenda.
If they want to pay $5 to $10 for a gallon of gas, they should move to England or France. You can see what their progressive agenda has caused. Chaos. Maybe that is the objective. I don't want to pay $8 for a pound of ground beef, $3.50 for a loaf of bread or $10 for a gallon of milk. That is what would happen under cap and trade.
The American people have awakened. Thank you, progressives, for all of the lies and bilge you have been shoveling us for years. You were thrown out of control of the House of Representatives, and in 2012 you will lose the Senate and White House.
Sixty percent of Americans consider themselves conservatives and only 20 percent as liberal. As Sam Adams said in 1775, "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather a tireless, irate minority who is keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."
Learn it, love it, live it.
TODD BEUSSINK, Jackson