- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Cap and trade realities
I don't know what it is going to take to finally slay the dragon of global warming. Alan Journet says there is no serious scientific evidence rejecting that global warming is occurring. He and his ilk are in denial.
Under Obama's progressive plan of cap and trade, energy prices may necessarily skyrocket. Obama' s words, not mine. Not to mention the fact that data in England supporting global warming was proved to be false. E-mails were discovered that proved they were lying on data to promote their redistributive agenda.
If they want to pay $5 to $10 for a gallon of gas, they should move to England or France. You can see what their progressive agenda has caused. Chaos. Maybe that is the objective. I don't want to pay $8 for a pound of ground beef, $3.50 for a loaf of bread or $10 for a gallon of milk. That is what would happen under cap and trade.
The American people have awakened. Thank you, progressives, for all of the lies and bilge you have been shoveling us for years. You were thrown out of control of the House of Representatives, and in 2012 you will lose the Senate and White House.
Sixty percent of Americans consider themselves conservatives and only 20 percent as liberal. As Sam Adams said in 1775, "It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather a tireless, irate minority who is keen on setting brush fires of freedom in the minds of men."
Learn it, love it, live it.
TODD BEUSSINK, Jackson