- Andrew Jackson bridal shop under new ownership (12/31/12)
- Ameren Missouri seeks new transmission line (12/24/12)
- Perryville company behind Kentucky distillery (12/17/12)
- Regional unemployment down, retail sales holding (12/10/12)
- Realtors glad to see rebound in home sales (12/03/12)
- United Way campaign jumps off to strong start (11/26/12)
- Join in to share Black Friday shopping stories (11/19/12)
Fourth beauty supply company set to open
New York has the meat packing district, the theater district, the fashion district, etc.
With the arrival of a fourth beauty supply store on Broadway set to open next week, the area may soon be Cape Girardeau's beauty district.
Joining Umpkins Unique Beauty Supply, 415 Broadway, State Beauty Supply, 615 Broadway, and AMS Beauty Supply, 1017 Broadway, will be 4 U Beauty Fashion, 612 Broadway, owned by Peter Chon of Dyersburg, Tenn. Chon also owns 2 U Beauty Fashion in Sikeston, Mo., said Tom Kelsey, commercial broker with Lorimont Place Ltd., who handled the lease transaction for the property.
Chon said a cosmetology license will not be required to purchase beauty supplies at his store.
* Retired: Wes Kinsey, co-owner of My Daddy's Cheesecake, who has been baking and decorating cakes since 1973, has retired. Co-owners Kevin and Susan Stanfield hosted a retirement reception for Kinsey on Saturday. Kinsey is a graduate of the Wilton School of Confectionary Arts in Chicago and became owner of My Daddy's Cheesecake in 1996. In addition to the Cape Girardeau bakery, My Daddy's has a second location in Clayton, Mo.
* Gibson Center earns accreditation: Gibson Recovery Center Inc.'s residential treatment program has been accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. The latest accreditation is the second consecutive three-year accreditation that the organization has awarded the center. Gibson Recovery Center is a not-for-profit organization providing behavioral health services in Southeast Missouri since 1979. CARF is an independent, not-for-profit accrediting body founded in 1966 as the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities. The accrediting body establishes consumer-focused standards to help organizations measure and improve the quality of their programs and services.
n 25th anniversary: Beussink, Hey & Roe, P.C., Certified Public Accountants will celebrate their firm's 25th anniversary Tuesday, The firm practices primarily in Southeast Missouri and Southern Illinois, serving more than 2,000 clients. The firm has a professional staff of 15 and a support staff of six. Its offices are at 16 S. Silver Springs Road in Cape Girardeau, 105 S. Hope St. in Jackson, and 4018 Sycamore St. in Cairo, Ill. The principals of the accounting firm are Debra Beussink Eudy, Everett E. Hey and Jerry W. Roe. The firm provides tax, accounting, financial planning and bookkeeping services. Audit services are provided through Beussink, Hey, Roe and Stroder LLC.
* New location: Comfort Keepers In Home Assisted Living services has moved to larger offices at 615 N. Broadview St., next to Arena Park to accommodate recent growth and increase in services.
Southeast Missourian business reporter Melissa Miller may be contacted at 388-3646 or email@example.com.