- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Gary W. Matlock Jr.
Gary W. Matlock Jr., 36, of Jackson passed away Thursday, Jan. 27, 2011 at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Feb. 15, 1974, in Cape Girardeau, to Gary W. and Patty Skelton Matlock Sr. He and Dorothy Diesel were married Oct. 16, 2010.
Gary was raised in Gordonville and was a 1992 graduate of Jackson High School. He attended Southeast Missouri State University two years where he was a member of Phi Sigma Kappa.
Gary worked the past five years at Procter & Gamble, and previously worked for LeeRowan and BioKyowa.
He was a member of Christ Lutheran Church in Gordonville and a former member of Jackson Elks Lodge. Gary loved being outdoors, especially hunting, fishing and camping.
Gary's family includes his wife Dorothy; two daughters, Taylor and Cambreigh Matlock; a son, Connor Matlock; and two stepdaughters, Kassie and Chloe Diesel, all of Jackson; his parents, Gary and Patty Matlock of Pocahontas; two sisters, April (Chuck) Meyer and Laura Matlock (Dallis Hill), all of Jackson; two nieces and a nephew, Sierra Meyer and Keona Hill, and James Hill, all of Jackson; maternal grandmother, Evelyn Dake of Jackson; and many uncles, aunts and cousins.
Dorothy's family includes her parents, Marshall and Phyllis Yohe of Mount Erie, Ill.; her siblings, Debbie (John) Rinard, Dixie (Jason) Cherry, Andrew (Laurna) Diesel, all of Fairfield, Ill., Delores (Mike) Gengelbach of Waynesville, Ind.; and many uncles, aunts and cousins.
He was preceded in death by paternal grandparents, James and Ella Mae Matlock and maternal great-grandparents, Joseph and Pearl Skelton.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson, and from 10 a.m. until the time of service Monday at Christ Lutheran Church in Gordonville.
Funeral service will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the church, with the Rev. Gary Hoffstetter officiating.
Interment will follow in Christ Lutheran Cemetery in Gordonville.
Pallbearers will be Cliff Parrish, Josh Douglas, Alan Moore, Craig Seabaugh, Greg and Kevin Kranawetter.
Honorary pallbearers will be Jay Stanzewski, Bryant Carter, Sean Adams, Darrin Helderman, Scott Arnzen, Terry Bryant, Jeff Sneathen, Steve, Kent and Keith Skelton.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to the family.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.