- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Marian Martin, 84, of Columbia, Mo., passed away Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2011, at Lenoir Woods.
Graveside service will be held at 1 p.m. Monday at New Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Visitation was Friday at Parker Funeral Service in Columbia.
Marian was born Oct. 27, 1926, in Cape Girardeau, to Leon J. and Edith Beard Bahn. She married Gene Martin, who preceded her in death Feb. 17, 1999.
She graduated from Southeast Missouri State University, studied at the Chicago Art Institute and Columbia College.
She was a very active member of Columbia PEO Chapter MA. She taught classes and was a member of Columbia Art League. Her paintings and batiks have been chosen for the American Association of University Women "Women in Arts" exhibit, juried shows of Columbia Art League, Columbia College and Boone County Bank annual art show. Wall hangings by Marian were selected for the Missouri Council on the Arts touring exhibit.
Marian and her husband traveled the world collecting seashells.
Survivors include a son, Doug Martin of Columbia.
She was preceded in death by her parents, husband and a son.
Memorials may be given to Columbia Art League, 207 S. Ninth St., Columbia, MO 65201.
Online condolences may be left at www.parkerfuneralservice.com.