- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Hedwig "Hedy" Dunz, 93, of Jackson died Wednesday, Jan. 26, 2011, at Monticello House in Jackson.
She was born Aug. 22, 1917, in Dumersheim, Germany, to Joseph and Francis Martin Dunz.
Dunz was a member of Immaculate Conception Church in Jackson. Hedy was a "second mom" to her nieces and nephews and will be greatly missed. She came to America in 1925.
Survivors include a brother, John Dunz, and wife Wanda of Poplar Bluff, Mo.; a brother-in-law, Emil "Fritz" Koenig; eight nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; two sisters, Gertrude Evans and Katie Koenig; and a niece, Mary Koenig.
A private service will be held today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. The Rev. John Harth will officiate. Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.