- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Robert Bowman Sr.
Robert D. Bowman Sr., 58, of Cape Girardeau passed away Tuesday, Jan. 25, 2011, at Southeast Hospital.
He was born April 15, 1952, son of Richard "Buck" and Shirlene Ford Bowman. He and Ellen Ponder were married Oct. 10, 1971.
Bob attended Harmony Congregational Methodist Church near Gravel Hill, Mo. He owned and operated Bob Bowman's Auto Body in Cape Girardeau after attending Central High School. He took much pride in his work and was amazing at his craft.
Bob was a member of the Patriot Guard and thoroughly enjoyed riding his Harley-Davidson. Once you met him, you knew him forever. He was a man that loved nothing more than being with his family and friends, especially his grandchildren.
Loving survivors include his wife of 39 years; two sons, Robert Jr. (Candi) and Daniel (Jamie) Bowman of Cape Girardeau; two daughters, Tammy (Todd) Peters of Marble Hill, Mo., Kelly (Devin) Eastman of Cape Girardeau; his father of Cape Girardeau; eight grandchildren, Tyler, Bethany, Ashlee, Christopher, Luke, Caleb, Nick and Laela; three brothers, Rick (Brenda) and Rodney (Vicki) Bowman of Cape Girardeau, Keith Bowman of Jackson; and a sister, Rebecca (Larry) Driskell Sr. of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his mother.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. until service time Saturday at McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
A memorial service will be held at 1 p.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Jack Cathcart officiating. Entombment will be in Cape County Memorial Park Mausoleum.
In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be given to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital or the Multiple Sclerosis Society.
Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.