- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Dorothy Lee Valle, age 90, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Jan. 24, 2011, at home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born March 9, 1920, in Flat River, Mo., to Joshua and Maude (Montgomery) Gallagher.
She was married to Thomas Boyd Valle on Aug. 29, 1941, and he preceded her in death March 15, 2004.
Dorothy enjoyed attending U.S. Army World War II 82nd Airborne reunions with her husband. She enjoyed her years working at Libson's and Howard's.
She is survived by two sons, Terry and Craig Valle, both of St. Louis; two daughters, Susan Perry of Marion, Ill., and Benita Inman of Cape Girardeau; nine grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband and parents.
Visitation will be from 10 to 11 a.m. Thursday at Crain Funeral Home, 829 N. West End Blvd., Cape Girardeau.
Graveside service for Dorothy Valle will be at 11:30 a.m. Thursday at Fairmount Cemetery, with the Rev. Chris Clifton officiating.
In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to donor's choice.
To leave online condolences visit www.crainsonline.com.