- Post-election taunts reported at Jackson schools (12/2/16)28
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)5
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)3
- Burglary suspect apprehended inside Jackson garage (12/4/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of enticement, child porn in Scott County sting operation (12/4/16)
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)33
- Men who pulled father, son from burning car near Naylor honored by highway patrol (12/1/16)
- Cape woman hopes son's death in Chattanooga will lead to better policing (11/30/16)11
- Lt. Gov. Kinder weighs in on Trump's win, his future plans (12/4/16)13
Ronald McDonald House Charity donates to Oak Ridge
Oak Ridge Elementary School has received $5,000 from the Ronald McDonald House Charities to purchase ten new computers. The new computers will allow the students to use updated software, such as the Reading Renaissance program, that the current systems cannot utilize.
RMHC supports non-profit childrens' programs in the areas of education, health and socail well-being, and the cultural arts. The local chapter has awarded over $200,000 in grants to projects in the tri-state area in 2010. Accepting the check on behalf of Oak Ridge Elementary School was Dr. Gerald Landewee and presenting the check on behalf of McDonalds was Cheryl Farrow, Area Supervisor, and Lisa Hudson, Store Manager of the Jackson Store.