- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Ronald McDonald House Charity donates to Oak Ridge
Oak Ridge Elementary School has received $5,000 from the Ronald McDonald House Charities to purchase ten new computers. The new computers will allow the students to use updated software, such as the Reading Renaissance program, that the current systems cannot utilize.
RMHC supports non-profit childrens' programs in the areas of education, health and socail well-being, and the cultural arts. The local chapter has awarded over $200,000 in grants to projects in the tri-state area in 2010. Accepting the check on behalf of Oak Ridge Elementary School was Dr. Gerald Landewee and presenting the check on behalf of McDonalds was Cheryl Farrow, Area Supervisor, and Lisa Hudson, Store Manager of the Jackson Store.