- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/24/16)4
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Business notebook: Plastics firm moves to area to help laid-off workers (06/20/16)1
Ronald McDonald House Charity donates to Oak Ridge
Oak Ridge Elementary School has received $5,000 from the Ronald McDonald House Charities to purchase ten new computers. The new computers will allow the students to use updated software, such as the Reading Renaissance program, that the current systems cannot utilize.
RMHC supports non-profit childrens' programs in the areas of education, health and socail well-being, and the cultural arts. The local chapter has awarded over $200,000 in grants to projects in the tri-state area in 2010. Accepting the check on behalf of Oak Ridge Elementary School was Dr. Gerald Landewee and presenting the check on behalf of McDonalds was Cheryl Farrow, Area Supervisor, and Lisa Hudson, Store Manager of the Jackson Store.