- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Ronald McDonald House Charity donates to Oak Ridge
Oak Ridge Elementary School has received $5,000 from the Ronald McDonald House Charities to purchase ten new computers. The new computers will allow the students to use updated software, such as the Reading Renaissance program, that the current systems cannot utilize.
RMHC supports non-profit childrens' programs in the areas of education, health and socail well-being, and the cultural arts. The local chapter has awarded over $200,000 in grants to projects in the tri-state area in 2010. Accepting the check on behalf of Oak Ridge Elementary School was Dr. Gerald Landewee and presenting the check on behalf of McDonalds was Cheryl Farrow, Area Supervisor, and Lisa Hudson, Store Manager of the Jackson Store.