- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Avalanche beat slumping Blues
DENVER -- Brandon Yip scored twice and Kevin Shattenkirk broke a third-period tie on a power play, helping the Colorado Avalanche snap a two-game skid with a 4-3 win over the St. Louis Blues on Monday night.
Ryan Stoa added a valuable insurance goal and Peter Budaj stopped 21 shots.
Jay McClement, Eric Brewer and David Backes scored for the Blues, who have lost three straight.
Down two goals late in the game, the Blues scored with 1:27 remaining when Backes knocked in a rebound as Jaroslav Halak was pulled for an extra skater. St. Louis kept up the pressure over the final 30 seconds, but couldn't tie.