- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Mary Jane Pfefferkorn
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Mary Jane Pfefferkorn, 72, of Chaffee died Saturday, Jan. 22, 2011, at her home.
She was born Feb. 7, 1938, in Benton, Mo., the daughter of Earsel Joseph and Josephine Sophie Niederkorn Thompson. She married Paul DeWayne "Flip" Pfefferkorn on Oct. 24, 1959, at Benton.
She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee.
Jane is survived by her husband; a son, Kurt (Karla) Pfefferkorn of Chaffee; three daughters, Karen (David) Glueck and Diana (Chris) Knutson, both of Chaffee and Stephanie (Rob) Lawrence of Sullivan, Mo.; four brothers, Henry, Ron and Mike Thompson, all of Benton, and Randy Thompson of Charleston, Mo.; five sisters, Joan Rock of Austin, Texas, Barbara Dittlinger of Benton, Carol Meyer of Mitchell, Ill., Peggy Thompson of Ste. Genevieve, Mo., and Brenda Guethle of Dexter, Mo.; and 11 grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a son, Michael Pfefferkorn; three brothers; and a sister.
Funeral Mass will be celebrated at 10 a.m. today by the Rev. Ralph Duffner at St. Ambrose Catholic Church.
In lieu of flowers the family requests donations to St. Ambrose Catholic School, 419 S. Third St., Chaffee, MO 63740.
Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee was in charge of arrangements.