401 Independence St.
Study session, 5 p.m. today
Meeting, 7 p.m. today
Study session items
* Planning and Zoning Commission report.
* Noise Ordinance Review Committee recommendations.
* Tangible result report, attracting tourists/visitors.
* Appearances regarding items not on the agenda
* Agenda review.
* A public hearing to consider the Isle of Capri-Cape Girardeau Final Development Plan Phase I of a Planned Development District for a proposed casino development.
* A public hearing to consider vacating the city's interest in the following relating to the Isle of Capri Planned Development District: Mason Street from the east line of Chestnut Street to the Mississippi River; Pearl Street from the east line of Lorimier Street to Main Street; Mill Street, from the west line of Spanish Street to the Mississippi River; Main Street from 35 feet south of Mill Street north to 70 feet north of the north line of Mason Street; Spanish Street from south line of Mill Street to 70 feet north of the north line of Mason Street; Chestnut Street north of the south line of Mason Street and Mill Street; public alleys south of Lorimier Street between Mason Street and Mill Street; all utility easements within the proposed Isle of Capri Planned Development District.
* An ordinance authorizing the city manager to execute a Federal Aid Program with the Missouri Highway and Transportation Commission for the extension of the Riverwalk Trail along the Mississippi River. Second and third reading.
* An ordinance amending chapter 30 of the code of ordinances by changing the zoning properties located on North Sprigg Street and Bellevue Street in the city and county of Cape Girardeau residential urban mixed-density district to central business district. Second and third.
* An ordinance amending zoning regulations of the city by establishing a planned development district pursuant to the city zoning ordinance and approving the application and revised preliminary development plan for a proposed casino complex. Second and third readings.
* A resolution authorizing the city manager to execute a first amendment of lease agreement with Drury Southwest Signs, Inc., for advertising signs at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport. Reading and passage.
* A resolution of the city council, directing the city manager to make recommendations to the United States Department of Transportation for carrier selection pertaining to essential air service at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport. Reading and passage.
* A motion approving the preliminary plat for the Isle of Capri First Addition.
* An ordinance approving the Final Development Plan for a casino complex approved within the "PD" Planned Development District within the city. First Reading.
* An Ordinance authorizing the mayor to execute a quit-claim deed to IOC-Cape Girardeau, LLC for real property located in the City of Cape Girardeau. First, Second and Third Readings. Emergency measure.
* Appointment to the Historic Preservation Commission.
* Appointments to the Golf Course Advisory Board.
* A motion setting a public hearing regarding the Thorngate Redevelopment Corp. Final Redevelopment Plan for 157 Independence St.