- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Mary Ann Reichert
Mary Ann Reichert, 78, of Cape Girardeau, died Saturday, Jan. 22, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 22, 1932, in East St. Louis, Ill., to Edwin C. and Helen Kaestner Reichert.
She was a member of Christ United Church of Christ in Dupo, Ill., and had attended First Presbyterian Church in Cape Girardeau since moving to Cape Girardeau in 1994.
Survivors include a sister, Ruth Needle and husband, Bill of Cape Girardeau; a nephew, Bill Needle and wife, Sandra of Bonner Springs, Kan.; two nieces, Ellen Coats and husband, Paul of Columbus, Ga. and Kathy Elliot and husband, Michael of Ashland, Mo.; a great-niece, Emily Coats and great-nephew David Coats, both of Columbus, Ga.
She was preceded in death by her parents.
Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
Funeral service will be at 10 a.m. Thursday at the funeral home with the Rev. Bill Vincent officiating.
Entombment will follow at Valhalla Gardens of Memory Mausoleum in Belleville, Ill.
Memorial contributions may be given to First Presbyterian Church, 235 Broadway, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701 or Christ United Church of Christ, 200 S. Third St., Dupo, IL 62239.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.