- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)39
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Mary Ann Ziegler
Mary Ann Nenninger Ziegler, 92, of Cape Girardeau died at 12:40 p.m. Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2011, at home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Oct. 12, 1918, in Cape Girardeau to John Henry and Sevilla Louise Frueh Nenninger. She and August "Red" Ziegler were married Aug. 4, 1943. He preceded her in death Oct. 11, 1994.
Mary Ann was a lifelong member of St. Mary's Cathedral Parish and graduated from St. Mary's grade and high schools. She was a member of the St. Ann Sodality, the cathedral ladies and, her favorite, the Quilting Bees. She was an avid Cardinal fan.
Survivors include three daughters and three sons, Nancy Grim, David (Sharon) Ziegler, Ron (Sandy) Ziegler, Leah Ann (Curtis) Fulton, Linda (Mike) Dickey and Roger Ziegler. She had 11 grandchildren and 15 great-grandchildren, and her eight grandsons will serve as pallbearers.
Also preceding her in death were parents and three brothers.
Visitation will be held from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home, 829 N. West End Blvd., Cape Girardeau. Parish prayers will be at 7 p.m. at the funeral home.
Funeral Mass for Mary Ann Ziegler will be at 10 a.m. Monday, at St. Mary's Cathedral in Cape Girardeau, with Msgr. William Stanton as celebrant. Interment will follow in St. Mary's Cemetery.
Memorial contributions can be made to St. Mary's Grade School or St. Mary's Building Fund and will be accepted at the funeral home.
To leave online condolences, visit www.crainsonline.com.