- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Wickliffe, Ky. -- Steve Story, age 53, died at 4:14 p.m. Thursday, Jan. 20, 2011, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Giraradeau.
Steve worked several years for the Story Construction Business. He coached Little League softball, baseball and T-ball. He was assistant coach to the girls softball team at Ballard Memorial High School. Steve was an avid hunter and fisherman. Steve lived for his family; he was a wonderful husband, father and pop.
Steve is survived by his wife of 26 years, Jana Tanner Story; one son, Tyler Story and his girlfriend Maci McGullion, both of Wickliffe; two daughters, Heather Illers and her husband Kelly of Cape Girardeau, Emily Doublin and her husband Deron of Barlow, Ky.; one brother, Mark Story of Olive Branch, Ill.; and one stepsister, Deana Story of Olive Branch.
Steve also had one beautiful gradaughter, Kinley Doublin, and two more grandchildren on the way; three nephews, Mike Story, Billy Dean Story, Harley Story; and one neice, Shaina Story.
Steve was preceded in death by one brother, Billy Story; and his parents, Billy Dean and Shirley Story.
Funeral services will be at 2 p.m. today at Morrow Funeral Chapel in LaCenter, Ky., with the Rev. Billy Prince officiating. Interment will follow at Barlow Cemetery.