- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Free speech for all
Having read a recent Speak Out comment concerning free speech, I was totally dumbfounded by the one-sidedness of the idea that the First Amendment is only for liberals and not for conservatives.
Since when was the First Amendment only intended to protect liberal speech and not conservative speech? Who in the world wrote such shuck and jive narrow-mindedness? Saul Alinsky? The ACLU? George McGovern?
To say that the First Amendment only protects the left means that the hardcore left wing media and their cabal have the right to maliciously slam conservatives, but that no conservative has any right to speak out whatsoever, is to insult the Founders' vision of what America is about.
If the Founders were to hear such nonsense, they would tell this individual to go back and read the Constitution again. I suggest this individual do that, to read the entire Constitution, especially the First Amendment.
TONY REDDICK, Chaffee, Mo.