- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Geneva E. Sitze, 92, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, Jan. 19, 2011, at her home.
She was born Feb. 4, 1918, in Oriole to John Marvin and Saddie Frances Wilhite McLain.
She and Paul Franklin Sitze were married Sept. 1, 1937, at Cape Girardeau.
She was a member of Centenary United Methodist Church and its Ladies Fellowship in Cape Girardeau. She was a member of the Order of the Eastern Star, St. Mark's Chapter 167, White Shrine, Calvary Shrine No. 8, charter member of Amaranth, and was a volunteer at Southeast Hospital.
Survivors include a daughter, Mary Frances Sitze of Cape Girardeau; a grandchild, Deborah Branham and husband Gregory of Bonne Terre, Mo.; and a great-grandchild, Jason Branham of Bonne Terre.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a daughter, Karen Sue York; a brother; and four sisters.
Friends may call 5 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau. Eastern Star services will be at 7 p.m.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Saturday at the funeral home, with the Rev. James Sanderson officiating.
Burial will follow at Cape County Memorial Park Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to Centenary United Methodist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.