- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
3 dead in car-semi crash near Bonne Terre
BONNE TERRE, Mo. -- A crash involving a passenger car and a tractor-trailer has left three people dead in Southeast Missouri.
The accident happened about 1:30 p.m. Thursday on U.S. 67, a few miles north of Bonne Terre in St. Francois County.
KMOV-TV reported the three people killed were all inside the full-size passenger car. Their names were being withheld while their families were notified.
Authorities said it appeared the tractor-trailer hit the back of the car.
Investigators were still trying Thursday night to figure out why the crash occurred and if the weather and road conditions were to blame.
Much of eastern Missouri received heavy snow Wednesday and Thursday, but aerial images of the scene showed the highway had been plowed and the pavement was visible.