- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Nelda Clara Katharine Roth, 100, of St. Paul, Minn., formerly of Mountain Home, Ark., entered heaven with family present Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2011, at United Hospital in St. Paul.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, with visitation one hour before the service, at Redeemer Lutheran Church in Mountain Home. The Rev. Kenneth Lampe, president of MidSouth Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod District, will officiate. Burial will be in Kirby's Tucker Memorial Cemetery. Grandchildren will serve as pallbearers.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Friday at Kirby Family Funeral Home in Mountain Home.
Nelda was born Oct. 26, 1910, in Altona, Neb., daughter of Martin and Emelie Vogel Mangels. She and the Rev. Erhard Roth were married Oct. 11, 1939, in Wabe Wawa, Ontario, Canada. She was a pastor's wife 52 years. Nelda lived in Mountain Home from 1968 until 2006.
The Roths served at several congregations in Ontario 1939 to 1945; Albany, Minn., 1945 to 1955; Gibbon, Minn., 1955 to 1961; and Janesville, Minn., 1961 to 1968. She moved to St. Paul in 2006. Nelda was a member of Redeemer Lutheran Church, and had been active in the Redeemer Lutheran Quilters, Altar Guild and Ladies Guild.
She is survived by six of her nine children, Meta A. Krueger of Clintonville, Wis., Velma A. "Viki" (Kent Gustafson) Kimsal of New Brighton, Minn., Luellyn M. "Lyn" (Ron) Tausan of Windsor, Colo., Edward A. (Ruth) Roth of Lino Lakes, Minn., Paul G. (Denise) Roth of Fayetteville, Ga., and Kathleen Roth of Dallas, Texas.
Also 15 grandchildren, Jill (Craig) Sinclair, James Paul (Lora) Horan-Kimsal, Heidi (Randall) Stewart, Anne (Brian) Reinhardt, Jennifer (Scott) Boris, Heather (John) Kennedy, Jeanne (Barrett) Hodgdon, Gretchen (Scott) Davis, Paula (Patrick) Ramp, Tipton (Jessica) Hudson, John Krueger, Lucas (Alison) Hudson, Peter (Lora) Hudson, Peyton Roth, Avery Roth; and 27 great-grandchildren.
Nelda was preceded in death by her parents; sisters and a brother, Oneida Fiehler, Marvin Mangels, Meta Fischer, Esther Wunderlich; her husband, Erhard Roth; two sons, Arthur Paul and Mark John; a daughter, Elizabeth Faye; and a grandchild, Brett Krueger.
In lieu of flowers, memorials may be made to the Lutheran Hour, Lutheran Women's Missionary League (LWML), or Redeemer Lutheran Church in Mountain Home.
Visit an online obituary and guestbook at www.kirbyandfamily.com.