- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Gregory Scott Miller, 45, of Jackson died Tuesday, Jan. 18, 2011, at his home.
He was born June 19, 1965, in Paducah, Ky., to Gary Ronald and Dorothy S. Vandergriff Miller. He and Lisa Fay Lane were married April 22, 1989, at Pevely, Mo.
Gregory was a 1983 graduate of Central High School. He also received certification as an emergency technician.
He was owner of Dents Make Cents in Jackson 14 1/2 years. Gregory was active in the community through volunteer and charitable work. He was a softball coach for Jackson traveling teams. He also did volunteer fundraising for Jackson traveling football teams.
Survivors include his wife, Lisa Miller of Jackson; his mother, Dorothy S. Miller of Cape Girardeau; a son, Garrett Lane Miller of Jackson; a daughter, Roxanna Paige Miller of Jackson; a brother, Gary R. "Jackie" (Michelle) Miller Jr. of Cape Girardeau; two sisters, Debora (Jim) Rohde of Friedheim and Carla (John) Hedrick of Cape Girardeau.
He was preceded in death by his father, Gary Ronald Miller.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Friday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Mark Graham officiating. Interment will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.