- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Candidates file for governing boards in Scott County
Five candidates have filed for three open seats on the Kelly School Board.
Incumbents Tammy Wadlington and Greg Birk have filed for re-election. Dwight C. White, Charlana Dunn and Amy Tackett are also seeking spots on the board.
Three candidates have field for three open seats on the Kelso School Board. Incumbents Fred Higdon and Gary Reischman are seeking another term. Joe Dirnberger is seeking his first term on the school board.
All current Chaffee School Board members have filed for another term. They are: Pete Dooley, Steve Seyer Lana Atkins and Melissa Hamilton.
In the Oran School District, five people are seeking three open school board seats. Judi Henson is the only incumbent seeking re-election. Other candidates are Wesley Jones Jr., Chad Schott, John T. Daniels Jr. and Vance Todt.
The following incumbents have filed for re-election in Benton, Mo.: Ward 1 Alderman Howard Bollinger, Ward 2 Alderman David Mack, Mayor Joe Stuckey and city collector Beverly Riley.
Two people have field for director of the Illmo Special Road District. They are incumbent Duston Stone and Bob Keesee Sr.
Bradley Bader has filed for re-election as North Scott County Ambulance District director of subdistrict 3. Jay Cassout has filed for re-election as North Scott County Ambulance director of subdistrict 6.
Joe Blanton Sr. and Mike Tullis have field for re-election to the Scott County Health Center board.