- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)41
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)18
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
STURDIVANT, Mo. -- Cletis Edward Tolbert, 82, of Sturdivant passed away Sunday, Jan. 16, 2011, at Advance Nursing Center in Advance, Mo.
He was born Sept. 2, 1928, at Greenbrier, Mo., son of Walter and Bessie Green Tolbert. He and Pauline Acord were married Dec. 18, 1948, in Piggott, Ark. She preceded him in death Sept. 28, 2005.
Cletis had worked in construction, carpentry and farming. He was a member of Greenbrier Assembly of God Church.
Survivors include two daughters, Pauletta Hendrix of Sturdivant, Patricia Mitchell of Essex, Mo.; a son, Larry Tolbert of Arab, Mo.; a sister, Wanda Johns of Advance; 16 grandchildren; and 16 great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by a son, Darrell Tolbert, and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Morgan Funeral Home in Advance.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the chapel, with the Rev. James Johns officiating.
Burial will be in Morgan Memorial Park in Advance.