- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Glen D. Chaplin, 78, of Cape Girardeau passed away Monday, Jan. 17, 2011, at Life Care Center.
He was born Nov. 7, 1932, in Claremont, Ill., son of Stanley Otis and Mary Lydia Fritschle Chaplin. He and Theresa Helen Herman were married Nov. 27, 1952. She passed away Oct. 17, 2005.
Glen served in the U.S. Army.
Loving survivors include five daughters, Karen (Bryan) Breeding and Janet (Andy) Stritzel of Cape Girardeau, Judi (Mike) Seed of Arnold, Mo., Kathy (Chris) Borah of St. Clair, Mo., Susan (Steve) Doubet of New Berlin, Ill.; three sons, Mike (Susan) Chaplin of Jackson, Rick (Cathy) Chaplin and Pat (Bonnie) Chaplin of Olney, Ill.; two brothers, Otis Chaplin of Olney, Myrl Chaplin of Pesotum, Ill.; two sisters, Louise McKelfresh of St. Francisville, Ill., Esther Peck of Williston, N.Dak.; 17 grandchildren; and three great-grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by an infant brother.
A memorial service will be Saturday at Holy Cross Catholic Church in Wendelin, Ill.
Announcement courtesy of McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.