- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)18
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Billy Massey Sr.
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Billy L. Massey Sr., 76, of Perryville died Sunday, Jan. 16, 2011, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 28, 1934, in Azle, Texas, son of G.D. and Lela J. Mahon Massey. He and Dianna K. Proctor were married Feb. 8, 1988.
Survivors include his wife; a daughter, Jackie (Eddie) Ackerman of Sunset, Texas; seven sons, Delvin (Pamela) Massey of Perryville, Mark (Sherria) McDonald of Hughesville, Mo., Cecil (Sherri) Massey of Morrilton, Ark., Tim Massey of Perryville, Jeff (Kathy) Proctor of Oak Ridge, Billy (Brenda) Massey and Adam Massey of Perryville; three sisters, Lucille Carter and Mary (Ray) McNair of Fort Worth, Texas, Marcella (Bill) Beaver of Azle, Texas; two brothers, Charles (Connie) Massey and Leon (Janice) Massey of Azle; 10 grandchildren; five stepgrandchildren; and two great-stepgrandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Massey was a truck driver for 50 years and recently retired. He was of the Baptist belief. He loved fishing, camping, and driving trucks across the country.
Friends may call from 9 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Anne Saegessar officiating.
In lieu of flowers, memorials are preferred for family use.