- Cape fines contractor $1,100 a day for street-project delays; contractor blames utility relocations (5/18/17)13
- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Attorney general seeks bond revocation for embattled sheriff (5/17/17)3
- I will not be silenced (5/16/17)4
- Tractors owners to open restaurant in new Drury Plaza Hotel (5/15/17)
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Mississippi County sheriff fights efforts in court to remove him from office (5/21/17)4
- Attorney general to review request to probe Oran timecard allegations; claims spark denials on Facebook (5/16/17)2
- Man accused of using stolen RV to break into airport (5/16/17)
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
SILVER LAKE, Mo. -- Beatrice "Bea" Zahner of Silver Lake died Jan. 14, 2011, in Perryville, Mo. She was 85.
She was born in Ste. Genevieve County, Mo., on Aug. 22, 1925, daughter of the late Jesse Van and Theresa Ann (Holland) Hudson. She was a very loving and caring wife to Clarence "Speedy" Zahner. They married Dec. 26, 1943. Her soulmate preceded her in death one day earlier on Jan. 13, 2011.
She devoted her faith to her four daughters and five sons, Cassie and Charlie Courtois of Imperial, Mo., Joe and Joyce Zahner of Perryville, Sandy Bratcher of Fenton, Mo., Wayne Zahner and Dennis Lytle of Silver Lake, Bobby and Grace Zahner of Perryville, Mike and Brenda Zahner and Kenny and Pam Zahner of Silver Lake, Patty and Joe Anderson of Fenton, Diane and Keith Geile of Silver Lake; two sisters, Ruth Coffelt of Perryville, and Dorothy Schario of St. Louis; 24 grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, and 15 brothers and sisters: Willard, Robert, Jim, John, Lloyd, Ted, Bert, Jesse, Mack, Howard, Mary, Hester, Mabel, Olive "Tiny" and Eunice.
Mrs. Zahner was a homemaker. She was a member of the St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, treasurer of the Ladies Sodality and a member of the Quilters Club in Silver Lake, Mo. She welcomed family and friends into her home with open arms, great food and loving hospitality.
Visitation for Mr. and Mrs. Zahner will be held from 4 to 9 p.m. today at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville with parish wake at 7 p.m. and will continue from 6:30 to 9:20 a.m. Monday, with rosary at 8:10 a.m.
She will then be taken to St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church in Silver Lake for a 10 a.m. Mass with the Rev. Milton Ryan, CM, and the Rev. Alphonse Hoernig concelebrating.
Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to Am Heart Hospice and Cedar Fork Cemetery.
Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville provided the arrangements.