- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
SILVER LAKE, Mo. -- Beatrice "Bea" Zahner of Silver Lake died Jan. 14, 2011, in Perryville, Mo. She was 85.
She was born in Ste. Genevieve County, Mo., on Aug. 22, 1925, daughter of the late Jesse Van and Theresa Ann (Holland) Hudson. She was a very loving and caring wife to Clarence "Speedy" Zahner. They married Dec. 26, 1943. Her soulmate preceded her in death one day earlier on Jan. 13, 2011.
She devoted her faith to her four daughters and five sons, Cassie and Charlie Courtois of Imperial, Mo., Joe and Joyce Zahner of Perryville, Sandy Bratcher of Fenton, Mo., Wayne Zahner and Dennis Lytle of Silver Lake, Bobby and Grace Zahner of Perryville, Mike and Brenda Zahner and Kenny and Pam Zahner of Silver Lake, Patty and Joe Anderson of Fenton, Diane and Keith Geile of Silver Lake; two sisters, Ruth Coffelt of Perryville, and Dorothy Schario of St. Louis; 24 grandchildren; and 21 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, parents, and 15 brothers and sisters: Willard, Robert, Jim, John, Lloyd, Ted, Bert, Jesse, Mack, Howard, Mary, Hester, Mabel, Olive "Tiny" and Eunice.
Mrs. Zahner was a homemaker. She was a member of the St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church, treasurer of the Ladies Sodality and a member of the Quilters Club in Silver Lake, Mo. She welcomed family and friends into her home with open arms, great food and loving hospitality.
Visitation for Mr. and Mrs. Zahner will be held from 4 to 9 p.m. today at Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville with parish wake at 7 p.m. and will continue from 6:30 to 9:20 a.m. Monday, with rosary at 8:10 a.m.
She will then be taken to St. Rose of Lima Catholic Church in Silver Lake for a 10 a.m. Mass with the Rev. Milton Ryan, CM, and the Rev. Alphonse Hoernig concelebrating.
Burial will be in the church cemetery.
Memorials are preferred to Am Heart Hospice and Cedar Fork Cemetery.
Young and Sons Funeral Home in Perryville provided the arrangements.