- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Martha Ann Smith, 57, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, Jan. 13, 2011, at Saint Francis Medical Center.
She was born Feb. 8, 1953, in East St. Louis, Ill., to Harold L. and Louise Betts Simmons.
She graduated from Cape Girardeau Central High School in 1971. She was a former office secretary for Dr. Fred Rawlins and Dr. Mark Kasten.
She was a member of Cornerstone Wesleyan Church in Scott City, Mo.,
Survivors include three sons, Brook M. Smith of Knoxville, Tenn., Brandon L. Smith of Crested Butte, Colo., Blake C. Smith of Cape Girardeau; her parents, Harold L. and Louise Simmons of Cape Girardeau; three sisters, Barbara (John) Siscel of St. Louis, Sandra Simmons and Nancy Simmons, both of Cape Girardeau; one brother, Kenneth (Carol) Simmons of Fruitland; dear friends, Lura (Larry) Scowden and Katie Scowden of Cape Girardeau; three nephews; one great-niece; and one great-nephew.
Visitation will be from 1:30 to 3 p.m. today at Cornerstone Wesleyan Church in Scott City.
Funeral service will be at 3 p.m. today, at the church with the Rev. Kevin Ropp officiating.
Burial will follow at Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Diabetes Association.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.