- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)36
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Bill Priest, 62, of Jackson, passed away Saturday, Jan. 8, 2011, at his home near Leemon.
He was born Nov. 30, 1948, in Cape Girardeau, to George W. and Leota "Lee" Dillingham Priest.
Bill was a 1966 graduate of Jackson High School. He attended Mineral Area College at Flat River and transferred to Southern Illinois University at Carbondale, Ill.
He was inducted into the U.S. Army on May 16, 1968. He served in Vietnam as a chief radio operator, and was honorably discharged Dec. 18, 1969.
Upon returning to Jackson, he worked construction locally and farmed the family farm near the Leemon community.
Loving survivors include his mother, "Lee" Priest of Jackson; a sister, Mary T. Blake of St. Louis; two brothers, Thomas Priest of Jackson, Mark Priest of Grand Junction, Colo; and many loving nieces and nephews.
He was preceded in death by his father.
A private service will be held at a later date.
Memorials may be made to the American Cancer Society.
Arrangements by McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
Sympathy messages may be sent to the family online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.