- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
QULIN, Mo. -- Stanley Ervin Shumpert, 64, of Qulin, formerly of Chaffee, Mo., died Sunday, Nov. 21, 2010, at his home.
He was born June 16, 1946, in Chaffee, son of Stanley E. and Rhoda Ross Shumpert.
Shumpert served in the U.S. Army.
He retired as a deckhand with American Commercial Lines. He was a member of Seafarers International Union.
A memorial service will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. Jan. 22 at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee, with the Rev. Wayne Kinder officiating. A graveside service will follow at Ross Cemetery near Chaffee.