- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
MURRAY, Ky. -- Erline S. Babcock, 94, of Murray died Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2011, at the home of a daughter near Thebes, Ill.
She was born Dec. 3, 1916, in Craig, Colo., to Charles William and Kittie Clair Morris Smith.
She was a member of New Concord Church of Christ.
Survivors include a daughter, Donna Cox and husband Errol of Thebes; a son, Wayne L. Babcock of Murray; 13 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and two great- great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Frederick Z. Babcock, who died Sept. 14, 1981; her parents, five brothers, and four sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at J.H. Churchill Funeral Home in Murray.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Edd Sterchi officiating. Burial will be in New Concord Cemetery in New Concord, Ky.
Local arrangements by Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
Online condolences may be left at www.thejhchurchillfuneralhome.com.