- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
MURRAY, Ky. -- Erline S. Babcock, 94, of Murray died Wednesday, Jan. 12, 2011, at the home of a daughter near Thebes, Ill.
She was born Dec. 3, 1916, in Craig, Colo., to Charles William and Kittie Clair Morris Smith.
She was a member of New Concord Church of Christ.
Survivors include a daughter, Donna Cox and husband Errol of Thebes; a son, Wayne L. Babcock of Murray; 13 grandchildren; 14 great-grandchildren; and two great- great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her husband, Frederick Z. Babcock, who died Sept. 14, 1981; her parents, five brothers, and four sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at J.H. Churchill Funeral Home in Murray.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Edd Sterchi officiating. Burial will be in New Concord Cemetery in New Concord, Ky.
Local arrangements by Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill.
Online condolences may be left at www.thejhchurchillfuneralhome.com.