- Man transitioning to woman killed herself in Cape City Jail in June; news comes from architect's pitch in Kansas (2/15/18)2
- Cape Girardeau businessman proposes redevelopment project; seeks taxing district to fund improvements (2/17/18)11
- Charges filed in Sunday murder; suspects in custody (2/14/18)2
- University Foundation to honor Talberts as Friends of the University (2/13/18)2
- TJ's Burgers, Wings & Pizza expands with dining area in Fruitland (2/16/18)
- Major case squad activated to investigate shooting death in Cape (2/13/18)
- Lovebirds for 80 years give advice: Trust, patience and 'Tell 'em you love 'em' (2/14/18)2
- Jackson schools to install artificial turf on football, soccer fields (2/14/18)
- Pence gets it right in response to attack on Christian faith (2/17/18)2
- Area restaurants plan for those observing Lent on Valentine's Day (2/12/18)
A+ Schools Student and Parent Informational Night
Scott City R-I School District
A+ Schools Parent and Student Night
Tuesday, January 18, 2011 from 6-7 p.m.
Refreshments will be served.
This meeting is reserved for the freshman (Class of 2014) & sophomore class (Class of 2013)
With our current economic situation it is important for students and parents to be familiar with scholarship opportunities that will assist in tuition compensation. That is why Scott City R-I is working diligently to obtain A+ designation which will enable us to offer state-paid financial incentive to qualifying students. The A+ award allows qualifying students the opportunity to attend any public community college or technical school in Missouri with little or no cost. To be eligible the student must maintain and meet the following requirements:
|I.||Enter a written agreement with the high school prior to graduation.|
|II.||Have attended a designated A+ School for three (3) consecutive years prior to graduation.|
|III.||Graduated with a 2.5 grade point average or higher on a four (4) point scale (non-weighted) or a 6.875 GPA on an 11 point scale (non-weighted).|
|IV.||Have at least a ninety-five percent (95%) attendance record for the four (4) year period. (An average of 8 & ¾ days a year of missed school attendance.)|
|V.||Perform fifty (50) hours of unpaid tutoring or mentoring for other students. This may include in-school tutoring and summer school. Tutoring must be school sponsored.|
|VI.||Maintain a record of good citizenship and avoidance of unlawful use of alcohol/drugs.|
|VII.||Make a good faith effort to first secure all available post-secondary financial assistance funds that do not require repayment.|
|VIII.||Register for Selective Service if applicable.|
The A+ Schools Program was created in 1993 as an incentive for improving high schools in Missouri. The primary goal of the A+ Program is to ensure all students who graduate from Missouri High Schools are well prepared to pursue education and employment. As a school seeking A+ designation, Scott City R-I aims to do the following: reduce the dropout rate; raise academic expectations; provide career pathways for all students; and work closely with business and higher-education leaders to better prepare students for their lives after graduation.
In order to keep communication open we are hosting an A+ School's Parent and Student Night. This informational session will entail an introduction from Mike Johnson, High School Principal; and an informational session hosted by Keisha Panagos and LaDonna Pratt, A+ Coordinator and High School Counselor. If you are a parent/guardian of a freshman or sophomore you can't afford to miss out on this informational session. A+ Handbooks will be distributed and student contracts will be collected. We will also be available for any questions that you may have. We encourage you to come to the A+ Schools Parent and Student Night on Tuesday, January 18, from 6-7 p.m. We will meet in room 25. Refreshments will be served. Please call or email Keisha Panagos, 573-264-2139 x214 email@example.com for further questions.
If you are interested in obtaining more information on A+ Schools, please visit the Missouri Department of Elementary and Secondary Education's website at http://dese.mo.gov/divimprove/aplus/.