- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
NEW HAMBURG, Mo. -- Eldan "Elbow" Collier, 53, of New Hamburg passed away Friday, Jan. 7, 2011, at his residence.
He was born March 28, 1957, in Cape Girardeau, the son of Daniel Collier of Shelbina, Mo., and Ella Stause Elfrink of Jackson. He and Valerie K. Hutchison were married March 1996 at Neely's Landing.
Eldan was a member of St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold, Mo., and was a member of the Knights of Columbus. He was a lifelong carpenter who enjoyed spending time with his family.
In addition to his wife and parents, survivors include two daughters, Heather (Tim) Dameron of Jackson and Holly (Eric) Hobeck of Friedheim, Mo.; two brothers, Kevin (Rheanne) Collier of Jackson and Darren (Patti) Collier of Pocahontas; five grandchildren, Caleb and Lucy Dameron of Jackson and Jiliyane, Brock and Ella Hobeck of Fredheim; and a lifelong friend, Alice Collier of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by a sister, Wendy Collier, and his stepfather, Ennis Elfrink.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. Wednesday at McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson.
Memorials may be given in honor of Eldan to his family.
Sympathy messages may be sent online at www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.