- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Illinois State hands Southeast gymnasts loss in season opener
The Southeast Missouri State gymnastics team opened its season Saturday with a dual-meet loss at Illinois State.
Southeast had a score of 190.275. The Redbirds finished with a 191.500.
The Redhawks won three individual titles.
Senior Christina Sundgren claimed the bars title with a score of 9.775, her ninth career title in that event.
Sophomore Margaret O'Neal was second (9.750, tying her career high).
Senior Brianna Gaddie took home her 14th career floor title with a score of 9.750.
Sophomore Taylor Westrick scored 9.850 on beam for her fifth career title in that event.
Sundgren and sophomore Sarah Brillhart tied for second (9.675).
Sophomore Emma Garrett was second on vault (9.675).
Southeast returns to action Jan. 15 at Missouri, ranked 13th nationally entering the season.