- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MARBLE HILL, Mo. -- Sylvester "Bud" Vandeven, 83, of Marble Hill passed away Friday Jan. 7, 2011 at his residence.
He was born July 16, 1927, at Glennon, Mo., the son of Frank and Frances Terbrock Vandeven. He married Mary Frances Tenholder at St. John's Catholic Church in Leopold on Sept. 17, 1949.
Bud was a farmer, a member of St. John's Catholic Church, and a member of Knights of Columbus Hall No. 5898.
Survivors include his wife, Mary Frances of Marble Hill; four sons, Kenneth (Jeaneal) Vandeven, Tom (Janet) Vandeven and David (Dana) Vandeven, all of Marble Hill, and Danny (Tammy) Vandeven of Leopold; two daughters, Susan Beatty of Clinton, Md., and Nancy (Michael) McDowell of Jackson; one son-in-law, Randy Mayfield of Marble Hill; 15 grandchildren, and seven great-grandchildren.
Preceding him in death were his parents; one son, Scott; one daughter, Carol Jean Mayfield; two brothers and three sisters.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill with parish prayers and K.C. rosary at 7 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at St. John's Catholic Church with the Rev. William Hennecke officiating.
Interment with full military honors will follow in the church cemetery.