- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Jackson police describe night of anger, car crashes, drug possession by 18-year-old (1/22/17)5
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Local students to perform with choir at inauguration (1/19/17)3
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
Bike trail appreciated
I would like to voice my support for the extension of the new bike trail.
I was at the city council meeting Dec. 20, and heard about the plan. As a life scout with Troop 8, I was there to watch the city council for my merit badge in communications.
My friends and family use the trail all the time, and I am glad it will be extended so more people can use it. It is a safe and quiet place to walk, ride a bike or skateboard (my favorite). I can't wait until it is extended.
Thank you to the mayor and city leaders for making this possible.
BILL KAPP IV, Troop 8, Cape Girardeau