- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)23
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Bike trail appreciated
I would like to voice my support for the extension of the new bike trail.
I was at the city council meeting Dec. 20, and heard about the plan. As a life scout with Troop 8, I was there to watch the city council for my merit badge in communications.
My friends and family use the trail all the time, and I am glad it will be extended so more people can use it. It is a safe and quiet place to walk, ride a bike or skateboard (my favorite). I can't wait until it is extended.
Thank you to the mayor and city leaders for making this possible.
BILL KAPP IV, Troop 8, Cape Girardeau