- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Bike trail appreciated
I would like to voice my support for the extension of the new bike trail.
I was at the city council meeting Dec. 20, and heard about the plan. As a life scout with Troop 8, I was there to watch the city council for my merit badge in communications.
My friends and family use the trail all the time, and I am glad it will be extended so more people can use it. It is a safe and quiet place to walk, ride a bike or skateboard (my favorite). I can't wait until it is extended.
Thank you to the mayor and city leaders for making this possible.
BILL KAPP IV, Troop 8, Cape Girardeau