- Jackson man to cast electoral vote for Trump; others trying to dissuade him (11/29/16)51
- Man killed by vehicle had been charged with domestic assault (11/30/16)
- Hotel chain president: City should regulate short-term lodging (11/27/16)16
- Former Cape council member dies, remembered as 'wonderful public servant' (11/29/16)1
- Woman accused in three robberies disguised herself as man (11/29/16)5
- Thankful people: Marble Hill woman been through much and remains thankful (11/24/16)
- Officers: Delta man dies during domestic dispute (11/28/16)1
- Business notebook: New store shows faith in Scott City district (11/28/16)
- Missouri chamber to honor Cape's John Mehner (11/30/16)4
- Light Christmas: Thousands gather to view Parade of Lights (11/28/16)5
Jackson Art Group holds logo contest
The newly formed Jackson Art Group is holding a logo contest open to anyone 18 and over. The Jackson Art Group features one member monthly at its Steck House Gallery located at 210 Washington, Jackson (next door to the First Presbyterian Church). To enter the contest please drop off(any Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)or mail entries to the gallery. Color or black and white art should be sized at 8 1/2 x 11. Name, address and phone # must be on the BACK of the art. No limit to number of entries. Contestants will be featured during the month of March and winner announced at the gallery's second Saturday opening on March 12, 2011. The Jackson Art Group represents artists' work that is appropriate for the entire family. Logo contest winner will receive a free full year membership.
January's featured artist was Jeneal Rogers, Jackson Art Group president. February's featured artist is to be announced.