- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Planning, design puts renovations of H-H building into hotel on hold (9/26/16)5
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Woman accused of pushing Wal-Mart employee after theft (9/27/16)
Jackson Art Group holds logo contest
The newly formed Jackson Art Group is holding a logo contest open to anyone 18 and over. The Jackson Art Group features one member monthly at its Steck House Gallery located at 210 Washington, Jackson (next door to the First Presbyterian Church). To enter the contest please drop off(any Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)or mail entries to the gallery. Color or black and white art should be sized at 8 1/2 x 11. Name, address and phone # must be on the BACK of the art. No limit to number of entries. Contestants will be featured during the month of March and winner announced at the gallery's second Saturday opening on March 12, 2011. The Jackson Art Group represents artists' work that is appropriate for the entire family. Logo contest winner will receive a free full year membership.
January's featured artist was Jeneal Rogers, Jackson Art Group president. February's featured artist is to be announced.