- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
Jackson Art Group holds logo contest
The newly formed Jackson Art Group is holding a logo contest open to anyone 18 and over. The Jackson Art Group features one member monthly at its Steck House Gallery located at 210 Washington, Jackson (next door to the First Presbyterian Church). To enter the contest please drop off(any Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)or mail entries to the gallery. Color or black and white art should be sized at 8 1/2 x 11. Name, address and phone # must be on the BACK of the art. No limit to number of entries. Contestants will be featured during the month of March and winner announced at the gallery's second Saturday opening on March 12, 2011. The Jackson Art Group represents artists' work that is appropriate for the entire family. Logo contest winner will receive a free full year membership.
January's featured artist was Jeneal Rogers, Jackson Art Group president. February's featured artist is to be announced.