- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)8
- Obama shortens sentence of inmate from Cape (1/19/17)9
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Area hospitals hope a box helps prevent infant deaths (1/19/17)6
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Meat-processing plant faces $70K penalty for Clean Water Act violations (1/17/17)4
- Southeast to lose $3.5 million from state in budget cuts (1/18/17)21
- Subjects of interest in 1992 killing take polygraph tests; results not revealed (1/18/17)2
- Governor cuts $146 million, colleges take hit (1/17/17)
- Southern Bank announces merger with Capaha Bank (1/15/17)
Jackson Art Group holds logo contest
The newly formed Jackson Art Group is holding a logo contest open to anyone 18 and over. The Jackson Art Group features one member monthly at its Steck House Gallery located at 210 Washington, Jackson (next door to the First Presbyterian Church). To enter the contest please drop off(any Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)or mail entries to the gallery. Color or black and white art should be sized at 8 1/2 x 11. Name, address and phone # must be on the BACK of the art. No limit to number of entries. Contestants will be featured during the month of March and winner announced at the gallery's second Saturday opening on March 12, 2011. The Jackson Art Group represents artists' work that is appropriate for the entire family. Logo contest winner will receive a free full year membership.
January's featured artist was Jeneal Rogers, Jackson Art Group president. February's featured artist is to be announced.