- Two men face charges in Cape prostitution sting (5/28/17)
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Rabies confirmed in Cape County after person bitten by bat (5/26/17)
- Man with prior sex convictions charged with abuse of a child 10 years ago (5/25/17)2
- New features at Cape Splash geared for kids; revenue has exceeded costs by more than $200K (5/24/17)1
Jackson Art Group holds logo contest
The newly formed Jackson Art Group is holding a logo contest open to anyone 18 and over. The Jackson Art Group features one member monthly at its Steck House Gallery located at 210 Washington, Jackson (next door to the First Presbyterian Church). To enter the contest please drop off(any Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.)or mail entries to the gallery. Color or black and white art should be sized at 8 1/2 x 11. Name, address and phone # must be on the BACK of the art. No limit to number of entries. Contestants will be featured during the month of March and winner announced at the gallery's second Saturday opening on March 12, 2011. The Jackson Art Group represents artists' work that is appropriate for the entire family. Logo contest winner will receive a free full year membership.
January's featured artist was Jeneal Rogers, Jackson Art Group president. February's featured artist is to be announced.