- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Annual Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Dinner planned
National syndicated columnist, television commentator and author Roland Martin will be the keynote speaker for the Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Dinner, which will begin at 6 p.m. Jan. 19 at the Show Me Center. The theme of this year's dinner is "Living the Spirit of the Dream." Doors open at 5 p.m. and tickets are $15 each. Tickets can be purchased at the Show Me Center box office or by calling 651-2524 or sending an e-mail to email@example.com.
Poetry Writers Group to meet at the Cape Girardeau Public Library
The Poetry Writers Group will hold its initial meeting from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday in the conference room of the Cape Girardeau Public Library. All interested writers are encouraged to attend and bring original poetry to compare and critique. The group is free and open to the public. No registration is required.