- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Blattel - Vandeven
KELSO, Mo. -- Sara Nicole Blattel and Michael Lee Vandeven were united in marriage Aug. 28, 2010, at St. Augustine Catholic Church in Kelso. The Rev. Oliver Clavin performed the ceremony.
The bride is the daughter of Ken and Amy Blattel of Kelso. The groom is the son of John and Mary Vandeven of Leopold, Mo.
Matron of honor was Tracy Dannenmueller of Scott City, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Kelsey Scheeter of Cape Girardeau; Claire Baggenstoss of Harrisonville, Mo.; Emily Blattel of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the bride; Kelly Burger of Monroe, La., and Amy Jansen of Leopold, sisters of the groom; and Danielle Vandeven of O'Fallon, Mo., sister-in-law of the groom.
John David Vandeven of O'Fallon was his brother's best man. Groomsmen were Stacy Peters, Alfred VanGennip and Eric Seiler of Leopold; Derek Jansen of Leopold and Kirt Burger of Monroe, brothers-in-law of the groom; and Nick Dannenmueller of Scott City, brother-in-law of the bride. Ushers were Nick VanderMierden and Brandon Bueter of Leopold.
Candlelighters were Katie Blattel of Cape Girardeau, cousin of the bride, and Jessica Vandeven of Leopold, cousin of the groom.
Flower girls were Addison Scheeter and Caydence Jansen. Ringbearers were Devin Dannenmueller and Chandler Jansen. Addison is the daughter of Kelsey Scheeter. Caydence and Chandler are children of Derek and Amy Jansen, and niece and nephew of the groom. Devin is the son of Nick and Tracy Dannenmueller and nephew of the bride.
The reception was held at Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City.
Mrs. Vandeven received a degree in chemical engineering from the University of Missouri-Rolla. She is employed at ADM in Clinton, Iowa.
The groom received a degree in mechanical engineering from UMR. He is employed at John Deere in Moline, Ill.
The couple is residing in Princeton, Iowa.