- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Gallery hosts trading card workshops
Black Door Gallery will be having Artist Trading Card Workshops from 1 to 3 p.m. every Saturday in January and from 5 to 9 p.m. today during the First Friday opening. The cost is $10. Participants will get a trading card sleeve and nine cards to go in it. The gallery will be open on weekends this month for anyone wishing to work on the trading cards. A variety of materials will be supplied. On Feb. 4, during the First Friday opening, anyone who took part in the workshops will get to trade their nine cards for any other nine.
Flutist performs for Sundays at 3 series
The Sundays at 3 chamber music series will host Mark Sparks, St. Louis Symphony principal flutist, in collaboration with pianist Peter Henderson and cellist Valentina Takova in a Jan. 23 recital at the River Campus. The event celebrates the release of Sparks' most recent CD. The concert is scheduled for 3 p.m. in the Shuck Recital Hall. Tickets may be purchased at the River Campus Box Office or by calling 651-2265, MetroTix outlets or metrotix.com.
-- From staff reports