- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
NEW HAMBURG, Mo. -- Bertha Ann Dumey, 90, of New Hamburg died Tuesday, Jan. 4, 2011, at Fountainbleau Lodge in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Aug. 27, 1920, at Commerce, Mo., daughter of Otto and Elizabeth LeDure Vetter. She and Elmer Frank Dumey were married Feb. 21, 1939, at New Hamburg. He died Nov. 22, 1995.
She was a member of St. Lawrence Catholic Church and St. Ann Sodality.
Survivors include two sons, Mike (Sarah) Dumey of Bloomfield, Mo., John "Butch" (Darlene) Dumey of Chaffee, Mo.; two daughters, Rae Johnson of Boca Raton, Fla., Kae Harrell of Proctorville, Ohio; two sisters, Clara Dohogne of Chaffee, Louise Seiler of Benton, Mo.; eight grandchildren, Collin Dumey, Kurt Dumey, Travis Dumey, Craig Dumey, Brian Johnson, Julie Johnson, Heather Duncan, Aaron Harrell; and seven great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents; husband; a son, Larry Dumey; a grandson, Darryl Dumey; a brother, Ralph Vetter; and her twin sister, Alma Vetter.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. Friday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. Parish prayers will be at 7.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at St. Lawrence Catholic Church, with the Rev. Michael Casteel officiating. Burial will be in St. Lawrence Cemetery.