- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Pearl N. Mongreig, 90, of Cape Girardeau died Monday, Jan. 3, 2011, at Southeast Hospital. She was a resident of Ratliff Care Center.
She was born March 24, 1920, in Shannon County, Mo., to Elmer and Lucy Conway Camden. She and Robert J. Mongreig were married April 22, 1950, at Hinsdale, Ill. He died May 28, 2007.
Survivors include two daughters, Betty J. Sweeney King of Cape Girardeau, Rebecca Mongreig (Jeff) Baker of Lisle, Ill.; a sister, Thelma Chamberlane of Cape Girardeau; a brother-in-law, Danny Hallier; four grandchildren, Vivian (Tom) Burt, Donald (Tammy) King, Jennifer Weller, Amanda (John) Partipilo; five great-grandchildren; three great-great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her father, Elmer Camden; mother, Lucy McGuirk; husband; a brother, Jesse Camden; a sister, Bessie Hallier; and a granddaughter, Lauria King.
Visitation will be from 5 p.m. to service time Thursday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 7 p.m. Thursday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be at 12:45 p.m. Friday in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis.
Memorial contributions may be given to St. Jude Children's Research Hospital in Memphis, Tenn.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.