- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Willis Hughes Sr.
Grand Tower, Ill. -- Willis A. Hughes Sr., 90, of Grand Tower passed away Monday, Jan. 3, 2011, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
Willis was born May 6, 1920, in Eldorado, Ill., to Elmer and Lorene (Bramlet) Hughes. He and Velma Gladys Estel were married March 22, 1941, at Perryville, Mo. She died Dec. 9, 2004.
Survivors include a son and daughter-in-law, Willis Jr. and Donna Hughes; a daughter and son-in-law, Phyllis and Allan Mezo; four grandchildren, Shannon Hughes, Dawn Glidewell, Ryan Houston, Elena Houston, all of Grand Tower; and two great-grandsons, Haegan Hughes and Tyler Glidewell.
He was preceded in death by his parents, wife, a brother and a sister.
Willis retired from the CIPS Power Station at Grand Tower in 1982, after 40-plus years of service. He was a member of Christ Lutheran Church of Jacob, and a member of International Operating Engineers Local 148 in Maryville, Ill. Willis was a devoted husband, father, grandfather and great-grandfather.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Meredith Funeral Chapel in Grand Tower.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Thursday at Christ Lutheran Church in Jacob, with Mike Kettner officiating. Interment will be in Walker Hill Cemetery at Grand Tower.
Memorials may be made to Christ Lutheran Church and will be accepted at the funeral home.