- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Three out, including city administrator, at Scott City; two resigned, one fired (3/16/17)1
- Several tournaments already booked at Sportsplex (3/16/17)6
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)10
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Cairo man pleads guilty to bank murders (3/17/17)1
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)21
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
Georgia Klasing, 96, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, Dec. 31, 2010, at the family home, following an illness.
She was born June 28, 1914, at Marquand, Mo., daughter of George and Ella Cornman Hargis. She and August Klasing were married Dec. 22, 1933. He passed away June 27, 1997.
Georgia was a seamstress at Danny Dare, a sample maker and supervisor at Wee Winnie Wearable's Children's Clothing. She was of the Methodist belief.
Survivors include a son, August L. Klasing of Waverly, Kan.; three daughters, Gladys L. Sparks of Seligman, Mo., Ruth Ann Cartwright of Canton, Ohio, Deborah Petersen of Cape Girardeau; three sisters, Mahdeen Thedford of Porter, Texas, Alyene Eaker of Wood River, Ill., Christine Worley of St. Ann, Mo.; 10 grandchildren; 11 great-grandchildren; and a great-great-grandson.
She was preceded in death by her parents; three brothers, Truman, Glen and Franklin; three sisters, Ruby, Ethel and Hazel.
Visitation will be from 11 a.m. to service time Wednesday at Liley Funeral Home in Marble Hill.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. at the funeral home, with Kim Ferguson officiating. Burial will be in Glenallen Cemetery at Glenallen, Mo.