- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Vonna June Reynolds, 61, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, Jan. 1, 2011, at Current River Nursing Center in Doniphan, Mo.
She was born March 30, 1949, in Manila, Ark., to Troy and Sarah Kathleen Barrett Blackwood.
She and Daniel Joseph Reynolds Sr. were married July 14, 1984, at Cape Girardeau. Vonna was a graduate of Central High School.
She was employed by Magnetic Collectibles Inc. in Cape Girardeau for nine years before retiring in 1998. She had previously worked for Florsheim Shoe Co. in the old plant on Main Street in Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include two sons, Robert (Jeanie) Reynolds of Elizabethtown, Ky., David (Danielle) Reynolds of St. Louis; two brothers, Les Blackwood of Cape Girardeau, Lon Blackwood of Columbia, Mo.; two sisters, Betty Saffell of Benton Harbor, Mich., Sue Wittu of Imperial, Mo.; three grandchildren, Caleb, Autumn and Quinn Reynolds.
She was preceded in death by her parents; one brother, Jack Blackwood; an infant sister, Naomi Blackwood.
There is no visitation and the family will have a private memorial service.
Memorial contributions may be given to Humane Society of Southeast Missouri, 2536 Boutin Drive, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701; American Lung Association, 1118 Hampton Ave., St. Louis, MO 63139; or to the family in care of Ford and Sons Funeral Home, 1001 N. Mount Auburn Road, Cape Girardeau, MO 63701.
Online condolences may be made at www.fordandsonsfuneralhome.com.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.