- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)1
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
Cape Tigers Give to Kids at Saint Francis
The Cape Central High School boys basketball team recently donated Christmas gifts to pediatric patients in the Saint Francis Medical Center Children's Center. The team purchased age- and gender-specific items to give to children unable to spend the holiday at home. Back row, from left: Jamal Cox, James Lane, Ramsey Scott, Zack Boerboom, Justin Espinoza and T.J. Tisdell. Middle row, from left: Branton Reeves, Blake Ozbun, Vance Toole, Kendal Steele and Andrew Williams. Front row, from left: Garan Evans, Curtis Branch, David Watts, Ross McClanahan, Armondo Thatch.
"We appreciate the time and effort the Central basketball team puts into this each year," says Roberta Terry, RN, BSN, assistant manager of the Saint Francis Children's Center. "It is never easy for parents to see their children hospitalized, and even more difficult during the holidays. Doing something special for the kids really means a lot."