- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)4
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- The collateral damage of Mizzou's past failures (6/20/18)6
Cape Tigers Give to Kids at Saint Francis
The Cape Central High School boys basketball team recently donated Christmas gifts to pediatric patients in the Saint Francis Medical Center Children's Center. The team purchased age- and gender-specific items to give to children unable to spend the holiday at home. Back row, from left: Jamal Cox, James Lane, Ramsey Scott, Zack Boerboom, Justin Espinoza and T.J. Tisdell. Middle row, from left: Branton Reeves, Blake Ozbun, Vance Toole, Kendal Steele and Andrew Williams. Front row, from left: Garan Evans, Curtis Branch, David Watts, Ross McClanahan, Armondo Thatch.
"We appreciate the time and effort the Central basketball team puts into this each year," says Roberta Terry, RN, BSN, assistant manager of the Saint Francis Children's Center. "It is never easy for parents to see their children hospitalized, and even more difficult during the holidays. Doing something special for the kids really means a lot."