- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)21
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Cape Tigers Give to Kids at Saint Francis
The Cape Central High School boys basketball team recently donated Christmas gifts to pediatric patients in the Saint Francis Medical Center Children's Center. The team purchased age- and gender-specific items to give to children unable to spend the holiday at home. Back row, from left: Jamal Cox, James Lane, Ramsey Scott, Zack Boerboom, Justin Espinoza and T.J. Tisdell. Middle row, from left: Branton Reeves, Blake Ozbun, Vance Toole, Kendal Steele and Andrew Williams. Front row, from left: Garan Evans, Curtis Branch, David Watts, Ross McClanahan, Armondo Thatch.
"We appreciate the time and effort the Central basketball team puts into this each year," says Roberta Terry, RN, BSN, assistant manager of the Saint Francis Children's Center. "It is never easy for parents to see their children hospitalized, and even more difficult during the holidays. Doing something special for the kids really means a lot."