- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Cape Tigers Give to Kids at Saint Francis
The Cape Central High School boys basketball team recently donated Christmas gifts to pediatric patients in the Saint Francis Medical Center Children's Center. The team purchased age- and gender-specific items to give to children unable to spend the holiday at home. Back row, from left: Jamal Cox, James Lane, Ramsey Scott, Zack Boerboom, Justin Espinoza and T.J. Tisdell. Middle row, from left: Branton Reeves, Blake Ozbun, Vance Toole, Kendal Steele and Andrew Williams. Front row, from left: Garan Evans, Curtis Branch, David Watts, Ross McClanahan, Armondo Thatch.
"We appreciate the time and effort the Central basketball team puts into this each year," says Roberta Terry, RN, BSN, assistant manager of the Saint Francis Children's Center. "It is never easy for parents to see their children hospitalized, and even more difficult during the holidays. Doing something special for the kids really means a lot."