- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)10
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Cape Tigers Give to Kids at Saint Francis
The Cape Central High School boys basketball team recently donated Christmas gifts to pediatric patients in the Saint Francis Medical Center Children's Center. The team purchased age- and gender-specific items to give to children unable to spend the holiday at home. Back row, from left: Jamal Cox, James Lane, Ramsey Scott, Zack Boerboom, Justin Espinoza and T.J. Tisdell. Middle row, from left: Branton Reeves, Blake Ozbun, Vance Toole, Kendal Steele and Andrew Williams. Front row, from left: Garan Evans, Curtis Branch, David Watts, Ross McClanahan, Armondo Thatch.
"We appreciate the time and effort the Central basketball team puts into this each year," says Roberta Terry, RN, BSN, assistant manager of the Saint Francis Children's Center. "It is never easy for parents to see their children hospitalized, and even more difficult during the holidays. Doing something special for the kids really means a lot."