- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Benton man charged with assault, other misdemeanors
BENTON, Mo. -- A Benton man authorities allege assaulted his wife and children by throwing furniture at them was charged with four misdemeanors Tuesday by the Scott County prosecuting attorney's office, according to a news release from the county sheriff's department.
Charles Bridges, 51, is charged with third-degree assault, child endangerment, reckless driving and resisting arrest for an incident that occurred Monday night.
Scott County Sheriff's Department deputies responded to Bridges' Benton residence after they received a call he was armed and was pointing a gun at his wife.
When they arrived Bridges was leaving the home and allegedly led authorities on a brief car chase.
Sheriff Rick Walter said when his deputies arrived at the home they found it in disarray, with broken glass on the floor and holes punched in the walls.
Additionally, two firearms involved in the incident were found in the driveway and seized as evidence.
Missouri Casenet reflects no court date set for Bridges.